when Ang was here, we went to the new McKay store which was unfrickingbelievable. photographic evidence:
that is shelves and shelves of used books! upstairs on the mezzanine (I guess that's what you'd call it) is all of the music. they also have used dvds & video games. we were there for awhile and I never even looked at the books... I was digging through records (which is always time consuming if you are me, and need to look at every. single. one. just to make sure you don't miss a treasure) the whole time! also, my to-read pile of books is big enough. I'm not letting myself buy anymore for awhile... I need to read them and/or trade in some that I've lost interest in. anyway, the old store had a very old school library feel to it, which I always enjoyed. this one doesn't feel quite as old, but there is still funky linoleum on the floor and the shelves are the same. and just LOOK at all those books and cds!
we hit up a thrift store too, and I did get a few interesting items. I was thinking about doing some videos on my vimeo about records I buy or what I find thrifting. if you read this and have a vimeo account, feel free to add me over there b/c my videos are private (aspenglow). but I thought it might be fun to talk about that kind of stuff. or maybe you will just think I'm a weirdo that has one too many Dan Fogelberg records (what.)!
so... what are you listening to lately? anything new or anything you've just discovered? currently I am listening to Madonna's Greatest Hits Vol 2. I know GH albums are a cop-out, but it was only 3.99 (see!) and it has most of my fav Madonna songs on it. I'm not a big fan of hers, but there in the 90's I did dig some of her stuff. Human Nature. Power of Goodbye. Secret. Frozen. Take a Bow. Music.
so... what are you listening to lately? anything new or anything you've just discovered? currently I am listening to Madonna's Greatest Hits Vol 2. I know GH albums are a cop-out, but it was only 3.99 (see!) and it has most of my fav Madonna songs on it. I'm not a big fan of hers, but there in the 90's I did dig some of her stuff. Human Nature. Power of Goodbye. Secret. Frozen. Take a Bow. Music.

After being in somewhat of a musical rut lately, I've discovered the wonder of AltNation on Sirius XM. They have a playlist of their current hits on Spotify, if you like to play around with that. I'm digging The Wombats, Of Monsters & Men, and Passion Pit right now. I'm not sure if it's a lasting love or a brief affair, but only time will tell.
ReplyDeleteBex, I LOVE Passion Pit :D I haven't been able to get into Of Monsters & Men for some reason though.
ReplyDelete