April 26, 2012

vinyl haul

I had great luck at the used books/music store today... in addition to finding this:


a first edition of the famous A Treasury of Knitting Patterns by Barbara Walker!

I also found quite a few awesome records:
  • David Bowie Let's Dance (yes! China Girl, a favorite!)
  • America Hearts
  • Dan Fogelberg Home Free
  • Dan Fogelberg The Innocent Age -- double album, which has Same Old Lang Syne* on it!
  • Daryl Hall & John Oates Private Eyes (!)
  • John Denver I Want to Live, which contains this amazing art on the liner notes:

oh, yes.

* even if you aren't familiar with Dan Fogelberg, you've probably heard this song around Christmas time... they always play it during the holidays. I'm OBSESSSSED with it. ahhh. I come home with a Dan Fogelberg record just about every time I go out looking for vinyl (and they are aplenty, so it's always so cheap...). he's a close second to my love for John Denver, I think. I can't explain it. but! Auld Lang Syne, seriously... great song.




2 comments:

  1. I love Dan Fogelberg so stinkin' much. Mom listened to her "Souvenirs" album on repeat for my entire childhood. He was one of the reasons I fell in love with music :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bex, I freaking LOVE him. I don't know how to describe it... I just feel a real sense of place and poetry when I listen to his music. and I'm not the type of person who "gets" poetry. I just feel it in his music I guess :)

    ReplyDelete