January 1, 2012

two thousand and eleven

2/365

january: spent a lot of time at my mom's. the weather was snowy a lot (for us).

beautiful handblown tumblers

february: my cousin and aunt came to visit. I hadn't seen them in YEARS. my aunt is the person who taught me to knit so it was fun to show her the monster she created ;) saw the Punch Brothers along with a few other local shows. more snow!



march: my bff and her daughter came to visit. we went to the big aquarium in Chattanooga, thrifted, hung out. it was fun :)

97/365

april: my fried Rebecca moved back to California :( another aunt and a set of cousins came to visit. house/dog-sat for my mom and fell down her stairs in the middle of the night when the dog had an emergency, haha.

group shot

may: May was SO fun. I traveled to Virginia to stay with Tiffany and then I went along with her SnB friends to Maryland Sheep and Wool! after a decade (or more?!) of being friends with Tiffany we finally met and I had such a great time with her and the girls + being around their knitting was so inspirational! I even stayed on the beach and watched the sunrise over the OCEAN!

grandma and me

june: we were short on hours at work so I took advantage and went to Illinois to visit family. got to hang out with my grandma in the little town where I grew up, and had soo much fun with my adorable nephew! as always, went to the zoo with my dad and stepmom too.

in a cloud on Max Patch!

july: had a fun time downtown for the 4th, spent much of it talking with a woman from Italy who was just traveling around the U.S. for fun :) went with my mom to North Carolina for a weekend where we had a few crazy adventures.

226/365

august: finally painted this dresser turquoise for our living room! my dad and stepmom came to visit, and we went to the Grand Ole Opry.



september: I turned THIRTY! had a pretty low key birthday but treated myself to going to see Yara Sofia (one of my favorite drag queens) when she was in town. it was SO FUN.

beautiful view

october: my adorable nephew turned ONE! we went up to Illinois for his birthday. we had a really pretty fall here, with lots of beautiful colors.

We put up our tree!

november: my computer monitor died (and I still haven't gotten a new one yet). I barely took any photos b/c it was too annoying to go to my mom's to edit/upload. had a pretty quiet November, except for a lot of yucky dental work >.<

watching the merry-go-round

december: I decided to take time off and go to Illinois and stay with my sister & her family for Christmas this year. I'm SO glad I did. we had a lot of one on one time together, sewing and talking. my nephew was SO fun to play with, and he was so excited for Christmas!

overall, I have to say 2011 was a good year. it was mostly quiet with a few fun adventures, and I think that's the way I like it. turning 30 was not really a big deal, but I do feel like some kind of shift happened. I'm hoping this means 2012 will be even better.

last year I wrote down a few simple things I wanted, and oddly, getting my camera out more often is the one thing I really didn't do. I basically want the same things as I did last year, especially getting our craft room organized! I only made a tiny bit of progress on that one. :P

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a good year! :) I know what you mean about turning 30--like I don't feel like it was a huge THING, but I feel kind of different at the same time...like I'm headed in a better direction? Older, wiser? Maybe? haha :)

    I hope 2012 will be good to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that's exactly what I mean. I think I was over my 20's (they weren't too great) and the 30's feel like an a-ok place to be :)

    thank you, I hope yours is too -- maybe this year you will have a nice, calm year :)

    ReplyDelete