January 2, 2012
reading goal for 2012!
are you on goodreads? in some ways I think this site hinders my reading: if I read too many negative reviews I will not read a book that I might have otherwise. also, if I read too *much* about a book I won't feel the need to read it, since I know what happens. also, I kinda miss keeping track of the books I read in my little library notebook.
however, it is great for organizing what you want to read, what you own, etc. I try to keep my shelves pretty simple. books I'm reading, books I own, books I want to read, books I read digitally on my ipod, children's books, and audiobooks.
the way I read, I think may be a bit odd. see, I like to read before bed as a way to calm down my mind and relax myself. therefore, I cannot read something: scary, exciting, or too intriguing. I'm *always* reading, but a lot of times I will just read a chapter or two of a beloved book or a few pages of something boring (and I mean that in the nicest way possible ;)) just to relax myself. that means: I don't finish a lot of books. I am the Queen of Re-Reading. but, that's what I like to do. there are years I read more new books than others. last year was not that year. I also didn't keep up with Goodreads (or my notebook :/) very well.
so, back to goodreads, you can set a goal for how many books you want to read in 2012, and after thinking about it, I decided to set myself a goal of *finishing* 36 books this coming year. I used to easily finish about 30 books a year so I feel I can do this. this doesn't mean they will all be new books, but I will try to actually finish whole books and not just read fragments, I guess. I am, however, hoping to work through my to-read list, which has grown quite a bit!
if we aren't friends on goodreads, feel free to add me! you can find my profile here :) happy reading!
Labels:
books
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I think 36 is a good number :) I don't often re-read unless I totally fall in love with the story (which doesn't happen often). I'm excited about our Wuthering Heights read-along! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping I can read even more than that, I like the challenge ;) yes! we will read Wuthering Heights together. just let me know when you want to start!
ReplyDelete