December 14, 2011

I love White Christmas!

the song and the movie :) Irving Berlin (who wrote *the* song, along
with all of the songs in the movie) lived to be 101 years old! isn't
that something.

I love the songs (sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted
sisters!), the costumes (the Santa Claus dresses!), the 40's style
(though it was filmed in 1954)... Bing's dreamy voice, Vera's
dancing...those bright blue dresses with the huuuge feathered fans...

I know it's an...overly played Christmas movie, but I don't care. I
have to watch it every year. I need to get it on DVD so I can watch it
throughout the year, too!

I used to LOVE musicals. I grew out of them for awhile, and I'm still
iffy about the newer ones... but lately I've been really into old
movies and musicals again. you just have to suspend belief and for
awhile live in a world where people just spontaneously burst into
song ;)

growing up in northern Illinois we didn't always have a white
Christmas...but we had many. I still think a white Christmas is the
best kind. we had one last year, here in Tennessee - it was perfect :)

No comments:

Post a Comment