January 3, 2011

two thousand and ten.

Two days after snowstorm

january: Nashville had some crazy weather. I was pretty down, I had the winter blues majorly. riding the bus to work in the dead of winter was pretty rough. I didn't take many photos at all.

blue sky, white trees

february: major winter blues. all I was wishing for was springtime. again, barely took any photos.



march: I went to Illinois to help my mom on a photoshoot for her work, which was a wonderful experience. I chopped a bunch of hair off. I felt hopeful about life and love for a little while.

japanese maple glamour shot

april: had a really lovely april. traveled to the PNW, fell in love with the light there. something lost, something gained. life goes on.

more flood aftermath

may: The Flood. (for some reason I never flickr'd my flood photos) what a crazy, crazy thing. it still blows my mind, what happened. I felt so, so fortunate that we were w/power 99% of the time and that our apartment was unaffected by water. Nashville really came through for each other.

peaceful

june: summer is hot. hot. hot. I knit quite a few things during June. moved apartments *again* but like this one so much more.

outtake

july: my sister's baby shower. I'm not a real touchy person, and her stomach was the first I'd ever felt with a baby inside :)

honeycomb (and me)

august: my bff comes to visit, bringing her cousin and her daughter. Hanson! swimming. it's so incredibly hot. I start and finish a few more knitting projects. I enjoy visiting the used bookstore.

in the living room

september: I turned 29. saw the amazing Chihuly exhibit at the Frist. had fun knitting and chatting with a friend. enjoyed some rainy days. enjoyed getting outside with my camera. visited Illinois again. helped my mom through a separation. wondered when the baby would arrive!

babydoll

october: spent a sleepless night awaiting news of a baby! finally met him at 2 weeks old. saw the Punch Brothers at Vanderbilt. knit a lot of baby things.

sparkle sparkle

november: enjoyed decorating for the holidays. had a peaceful (quiet, alone) Thanksgiving. mostly awaited news/stories/photos of the new baby :)



december: helped moved my mom down here! we had more snow than I can remember any other December. decided to cut back on handmade (knit) gifts. got to see the baby at Christmas.

overall, I had a very quiet year and compared to the Hell that was 2009, I welcomed the quietness with open arms. I got to see my family and friends quite a lot, saw some new & beautiful places, I knit some nice things, I have a new nephew! and the end of the year ended with some pretty big changes (ie, my mother moving here).

what do I want out of 2011? I really need to get my butt into shape... get my camera out more often... go to Maryland Sheep & Wool!... finish up some straggling projects... organize our office/craft room... get rid of a lot of stuff... save some money. I think it's all do-able. :)

5 comments:

  1. I love these yearly recap posts you do :) I always feel like I can't remember everything that happened each month, so I'm amazed you do.

    I hope we can make MDS&W happen!! I need to start saving, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love a yearly recap - I was so crap at blogging in 2010 that I didn't even cap anything the first time :) I was thinking about the flood the other day while watching the Music City Bowl, and it really was amazing how everybody worked together (and how comparatively little media coverage it got, but that's another story).

    I wholeheartedly approve of more pictures - yours are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna say, if you go to Maryland Sheep & Wool to let me know because that's an hour from my house...but it's the weekend before Annalie's birthday and I think we're going to be in Omaha that weekend. Bummer!

    It might have been a quiet year but it was still eventful! :-) Happy 2011, kc!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the April and June photos-April with the color and June with the rays coming through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiffany, I mostly remember them by my photos... which is why it's especially bad if I'm not taking many! yes, MDS&W IS going to happen!!

    Nina, I was crap at blogging too... have been for awhile... :/ the flood seriously was one of the craziest things I have EVER witnessed... and yes, the media coverage is a whole other story. but thank you about the photos :D

    bethany, this royally sucks we are going to miss each other... but someday we can do a southeasternish meetup! :) my year was eventful in ways I could handle, I think that is the key :)

    Larry, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete