I am on pins and needles, folks. my sister was due to have her baby today (well, technically yesterday!) so it really could be any minute now! it's all I can think about.
how cute is she?
so, I'm up late thinking about babies & I was reading over at bethany actually how she is "thinking about" Veronica Mars lately (so am I!) and it inspired me to follow her lead for a blog post since I haven't posted anything recently :)
outside my window: it is night time. there is a parking lot. it's generally pretty quiet (thankfully, our last apartment was on a very NOISY parking lot). it's currently 66F outside, but I can't open my window because my screen is broken and bugs get in when they see my light on :(
I am thinking: about my sister's baby, of course. she's had a fairly good pregnancy and she's handled it so well... I've never heard her complain, not once. she still walks 1-2 miles every other day. she's so excited to finally "have a baby in her tummy" and she's going to be an awesome mom! I just can't wait til he's actually *here* and to hold him and see him in some sweet handknits ;)
I am thankful for: some cooler weather. seriously. this summer was HOT. hot TAMALE. hot even for a Tennessee summer. I'm so ready for Fall!
I am wearing: jammies. black leggings & a Garth Brooks nightshirt from 19*mumblemumble*. :) keepin' it real.
I am remembering: that I am off work tomorrow! I keep forgetting!
I am going: to bed later tonight than I have in awhile. while I was in IL last week, I got on a very early to bed, early to rise kind of schedule. plus I wasn't feeling well and going to sleep sounded nice :)
I am currently reading: City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
I am hoping: that my nephew is born healthy and soon :)
on my mind: do I really need to answer this? hehe.
noticing that: my whole apartment is a disaster...
in the kitchen: there are no more diet cokes :(
around the house (apartment, heh): there are a lot of books. a LOT. my sister is into reading now, so... between the two of us it's book city. I need the cable/internet to go out for a month so I can catch up ;)
one of my favorite things: knitting wool on bamboo needles. I have barely used metal needles lately -- I just love the feeling of the bamboo even though I think I knit slower with them... if that's possible.
from my photo archive:
even though I didn't take this picture, with newborns on my mind, it seemed appropriate :) my mom with her fourth baby, her 3 other kids, and my grandma. dig my sweatsuit? hehe :)


I don't blame you for having babies on the brain! Honestly it took a bit of effort on my part to not have every answer either be about my baby or homeschooling, ha! I know my whole last month of pregnancy is going to be total pins and needles for me since Annalie was born four weeks early. I'm going to think, with every twinge and pain, "Is this it!?"
ReplyDeleteI hope your sister has her baby SOON, with an easy delivery and quick recovery for mom and baby. And woman, get yourself some more Diet Coke, for pete's sake. ;-)
when something's on your mind... it is ON your MIND you know? :) she's doing so great! I need to write up a little post about it right now :)
ReplyDelete