today was full of so much fail. it was my sister's birthday and pretty much everything she wanted to do, did not happen. we drove 3 hours to a bakery (that we had called ahead of time, to make sure they would be open today when we got there) so that she could have a gourmet gluten-free birthday cupcake only to arrive to a CLOSED bakery. a note on the door said "sorry for the inconvenience" ugh. I left an angry note in the door. the Indian restaurant? closed. tornadic weather? check.
spring time makes me feel so good and horrible at the same time. I LOVE the hint of warmth in the wind. the flowers, the green green green grass... but it always, without fail, makes me feel so nostalgic... over inspired and under creative. like everything is just fine and completely wrong at the same time. and makes me wish for so many things, impossible things, ridiculous things. I don't know what it is. it does this to me every year, but it still manages to catch me off guard and hit me so hard.
spring time makes me feel so good and horrible at the same time. I LOVE the hint of warmth in the wind. the flowers, the green green green grass... but it always, without fail, makes me feel so nostalgic... over inspired and under creative. like everything is just fine and completely wrong at the same time. and makes me wish for so many things, impossible things, ridiculous things. I don't know what it is. it does this to me every year, but it still manages to catch me off guard and hit me so hard.
Sorry your day was yucky :( And hopefully the springtime blues won't last too long for you. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteit was just a day of everything going wrong! but it could have been worse, given the weather. just disappointing. I don't know why spring does this to me? kind of like I need to spring clean my soul after a winter's hibernation or something...
DeleteAw. I'm sorry your sister's birthday was full of fail. You know, I happen to know what mood I was in on that day because it was my wedding anniversary, and I remember that I was in a foul mood and had been for a few days. I wonder if something was in the air?
ReplyDeletebethany, ugh it was just a bad day! I'm sorry you had been in a bad mood too. weird... must have been in the air for sure!
Delete