August 17, 2010

Summer Flies

Summer Flies


pattern: Summer Flies (@ravelry)
yarn: Bamboo Ewe (mercury)
needles
: US7

I wanted to try out Debbie Stoller's Bamboo Ewe yarn, out of curiosity. there are a few pretty colors, and since my mom requested I knit a grey hat for my soon-to-be-born nephew, I bought the Mercury color.

I thought it would be neat to knit something for my sister out of the same yarn. something she could continue to wear long after baby has outgrown his little "coming home" hat, that would remind her of that day.

I had just noticed Summer Flies on ravelry and wanted to try it... and it ended up being perfect, I think :)


ruffley picots

this was an extremely pleasant knit. first of all, I really love knitting lace in a heavier gauge. so satisfying and easier to see your mistakes ;) not that you ever make any. ;) the pattern is easy, but kept my interest since most rows were different. I seem really drawn to things that have a ruffle or picot bind off... and of course that turned out to be my favorite part of this scarf!

my only regret is that I used size US 7 needles. my 8s were preoccupied in another project... this came out a smidge on the smaller side, but blocked out fairly well. I am normally a loose knitter so I didn't think it would make much of a difference, but I think it did!

Summer Flies

and she liked it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment