August 24, 2010

Annis

Annis Annis

pattern: Annis (@Ravelry)
yarn: Schoppel-Wolle Zauberball (Grashalm)
needles: US 9/10.5

this was an interesting knit b/c you start with the lace, and using short rows, work your way to the "top." if you are used to doing traditional triangle shawls, where you start in the top center and work your way down/out... this was very different! I had a little bit of trouble going straight to lace... it's harder to "read" your knitting and see mistakes b/c it's a loose cast-on with a bunch of squiggly yo's and stuff all together. my nupps are pretty sloppy... p7tog is not my cuppa tea. I had to use a crochet hook and it wasn't until I had done quite a few that I refined my method... so many of mine are loose.

all that being said, this is one pretty, green scarf! I love love LOVE the colors and the way it striped. there is one dark row for the cast-on edge so it looks like it was outlined & I love how so much of it is the bright green :) the yarn was a gift from Tiffany and I don't think I could have picked a nicer pattern for it. I enjoyed knitting this on my staycation while my best friend & co. were here for a few days :) I had plenty of yarn left over, so there was none of that end of shawl panic I usually go into ;P

here is my sister's "artistic shot" that she is very proud of:

Carly's artistic shot

I really need to take a good picture of it all spread out so you can really see the color striping/gradations... it's really pretty :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks so pretty! I love the way it turned out :) eek, p7tog? Scary! Hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just can't wait til I can wear it! :) yeah... p7tog was not too fun, but I just used a crochet hook and pulled them through... but wished I would have made them tighter.

    ReplyDelete