lately I am...
crafting: a + & x quilt. I found awesome instructions here and just kinda been winging it. I am by no means great at sewing. I have had to rip out many a seam already. but I have 26 blocks so far that are pretty cool looking, and while I have bought a few charm packs (and some awesome things from etsy) I am using up a TON of fabric I've had forever, and that feels great.
obsessing over: tumblr. ok, so I had aspenglow @ tumblr when it first started, but I never used it. didn't really "get" tumblr. but now I'm kinda obsessed with it b/c there are some great RuPaul's Drag Race blogs over there that make amazing gifs (which I LOVE those things) and it has been a slippery slope ever since. I don't post a whole lot onto mine, but if you have one let me know so I can follow you!
going to see: Portlandia Live, tomorrow night! aaah! I have loved Fred Armisen forever... and I have a total girl crush on Carrie Brownstein. she's an awesome guitarist, plus she's hilarious. this should be a lot of fun! here is one of my fav bits they do on Portlandia: Feminist Bookstore:
reading: Pretty Little Liars. I was falling behind on my book goal, and my sister has them, so I figured it was a quick and easy way to boost my numbers ;) I'm not super into it yet, but I am curious who the heck A is... so...
watching: RuPaul's Drag Race Season 4 (duh) (my favorite so far is Sharon Needles), Vampire Diaries, 30 Rock (this season has been great so far), & of course Downton Abbey (I still have to watch the Christmas special). I LOVE having a DVR. :)
in love with: Jason Segel. again. damn that man.
painting my nails: Smoldering by Revlon, a duochrome that is silver and a pinkish/purple color... super pretty!
so... yep. today was super gorgeous out and I spent pretty much all of it outside or in the car -- we drove to the Tennessee River and found an awesome state park we will go back and visit another day. it was in the mid 70's, sunny, and super windy. it was great to get some fresh air and see some new things, but every spring I forget how I have to be careful in the sun. I felt pretty headachey and extra tired by the time I got home... but it was worth it. photos on my flickr... someday hehe. hopefully when I get my tax refund, if nothing comes up (something always comes up) I can fix my computer situation! for now, a few cameraphone shots* from today:



I too have such a girl crush on Carrie Brownstein!!!
ReplyDeleteoh... rad, I didn't think I could do reply comments. well that is awesome! I just think she is the coolest thing ever. I feel like she is who my 16 year old self wanted to be (major rocker/guitarist) PLUS she's hilarious.
DeleteWhich state park is that? I need to get back down to Nashville soon!
ReplyDeletesorry I am so bad at moderating comments! this is Johnsonville State Historic Park which is way out near the Tennessee River, pretty close to Camden, TN. :) it was really beautiful. I saw you were coming down to Nville for a show - hope you had fun!
Delete